secret project revealed!






I did it!!  I finished my first big knitting project! After making my first mini blanket I decided I was going to make a bigger blanket.  It's not huge or anything but I am very proud of it :)

I didn't have a pattern to follow, but I knew what I wanted the blanket to say. I looked at a few patterns online but didn't find anything I liked very much. Once I gave up on trying to find a pattern I tried to download a program that would allow me to make my own.  It was quite the process, but I am so glad I stuck with it and figured out how to do it!  I used a program called KnitBird.  The free trial only lets you keep the program open for half an hour before it closes and you can't save it BUT if you make your pattern quickly and take screenshots you can put them into a word file and print it out that way!

This project was a huge learning experience for me and it was definitely frustrating at times, but overall it was so fantastic!  I am a firm believer that the energy you feel when you're knitting gets transferred into the project you're making.  Because of this I only try to knit when I am in a happy or relaxed mood so that all of my positivity gets to be shared with the recipient of the final product!

I'm incredibly busy with school right now so please excuse my absence but I will do my best to share whatever it is I'm working on whenever I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment